Facelift surgery has been around for decades. It is known to achieve outstanding, long-term results. As the facelift technique has evolved over time, results have only gotten better. No more windblown look, provided that your surgery is performed by a trained and experienced plastic surgeon. As beneficial as a facelift can be, we understand the draw that many people have toward nonsurgical solutions for the signs of aging. One of the treatments that can come close to a facelift but without the downtime is the thread lift. In particular, Novathreads are getting a lot of attention for all the right reasons. We’ll discuss some of the details here.
Novathreads: What You Need to Know
- Novathreads are PDO threads. This just means that the filaments inserted beneath the skin are made of polydioxanone, a synthetic suture material. PDO suture material is the basis for many of the absorbable sutures that are used in various surgeries. While they are made of PDO material, Novathreads aren’t exactly the same as other thread lifts. This brand has three different types of threads, each made to achieve a specific effect. Having three types of threads,
- Novathreads is highly customizable. Novathreads don’t just improve the contours of the face or other treatment area, the presence of the threads also stimulates collagen production. Where there is more collagen, the skin can thicken and firm up, lift, and also become smoother and younger-looking on the surface.
- The Novathreads treatment does not hurt. The doctor administers a local anesthetic at entry and exit points and utilizes a delicate needle or fine microcannula with a blunt tip to insert the threads. Patients can feel some pressure, much like they would when getting dental work, but no pain. The procedure may take from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the desired improvements.
- For more profound facial rejuvenation, some patients combine their Novathreads procedure with BOTOX or dermal fillers.
- There is no downtime, per se, after Novathreads treatment. Because some swelling, redness, and bruising are possible, patients may want to schedule their procedure before the weekend, giving themselves time to just stay in and relax and enjoy their new, refreshed look for a couple of days.
- The PDO threads dissolve over four to six months. However, because collagen remodeling is stimulated, tissue regeneration can continue for up to one year. Results can last a few months longer before the signs of aging begin to recur.