How Much Filler Is Necessary?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
Each year, thousands of dermal filler treatments are performed across the country. Due to such common usage, and the evidence of dermal filler treatment we see all over social media, some people have misconceptions about what can be achieved with a few injections. For example, there were many months where a large number of patients visited dermal filler providers with the simple request of getting “Kylie lips.” A fair enough request, but little, if any, understanding of how much dermal filler it may take to achieve this goal.
One of the common questions that should be included in the consultation visit for dermal filler treatment is “how much filler might I need to get . . .” fill in the blank. The answer may not be as straightforward as you might think. Before you visit a dermal filler provider, it is beneficial to get crystal-clear about your objective. How much volume are you seeking? How prominent do you want your cheekbones? How full do you want your lips? Whatever area it is you want to have treated; know how you want it to look and explain this to your provider. Then we can estimate how many syringes of filler you may need.
There are a few things to keep in mind as you plan dermal filler treatment:
- Every person is unique. While your friend’s or coworker’s lip enhancement may have called for only one syringe, yours may require 2 or more. The opposite may also be true. Generally, patients receive good results with 1 to 2 syringes of filler.
- People who have very little fat on their face need more filler to get more dramatic plumping.
- People with poor skin tone and significant volume loss will need more filler to achieve noticeable results.
Expectations are Everything
It is crucial that you communicate your expectations and desired outcome with your provider if you want to avoid dissatisfaction.
- Dermal fillers cannot achieve drastic rejuvenating results; you might look a few years younger but nothing like a facelift would do.
- Dermal fillers can smooth lines and creases and plump the lips or cheeks but they cannot correct sagging skin.
- The results of dermal filler treatment will last differently for every person. Some may resolve over about 12 months, while some people’s bodies metabolize filler more quickly or slowly.
Even with a few variances from person to person, dermal filler treatment offers several advantages. To see first-hand what dermal fillers can do for you, schedule treatment in our Salem, OR office.
Posted in: Injectables